11 goals for 2011
- Read more about the 11th president of the US, James K. Polk and learn anything about the 11th Vice President George Mifflin Dallas. Most of the latter will be watching a TV show about a paper company founded by a distant relative, Dallas.
- Meet Alton Brown or Tony Blair who are both cute and would both be excellent at selling grape juice.
- Play a game of mini golf at Peter Pan Mini Golf in Austin.
- I’m going to Washington D.C. in July. My goals for that trip: visit Colonial Williamsburg (and be disappointed and angry), visit the NMNH or NMAH and take a tour of the White House and meet President Obama’s dog.
- Break in new hiking boots by revisiting the McKinney Falls State Park and trying to stop calling it the McKinley Falls State Park. And to stop asking the rangers what William McKinley had to do with Texas.
- Win a game of Scrabble or Scramble on Facebook. Remain undefeated at Word Challenge and never believe it is actually a game meant for people younger than myself.
- Visit the LBJ ranch and Texas White House.
- In December I watched Tron Legacy and I loved it. My favorite parts were the dialogue and Michael Sheen’s character. In 2011 I will finally watch the original Tron.
- Revisit the (Good) Bush Library before August so I can look at dresses worn by former FLOTUS and former White House Press Secretary Allison Janney.
- Commit to memory something eloquent and impressive to recite at fancy parties like the Gettysburg address or an episode of Arrested Development.
- Get invited to fancy parties.